Access Music, the operator of accesshiphop.com, feltep.com and the mrlif.com online store, is committed to protecting your privacy. We want you to feel free to express yourself on the forums hosted on our web sites, so we are committed to allowing you to feel secure in an environment that puts you in control of what you share with us and the rest of the community.
We do not collect personally identifiable information on our web sites or otherwise unless you choose to give it to us by registering on our forums, by placing an online order, via an electronic mail message, a phone call, fax or by postal mail. Even when you choose to give us information, we keep it confidential.
We do not sell, rent, share, or otherwise disclose mailing lists or other personally identifiable information. We maintain some records of individuals who contact us so we can fill their orders, in case we need to make contact later, or to provide further information in the future. However, we do not provide this information to anyone else unless we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or legal process or to protect or defend our rights or property.
The server of our website hosting provider logs information about the date and time when our website was accessed and the Internet (IP) address of the website from which you linked to our site. We have the ability to access this information in order to analyze web traffic by measuring the number of visitors to our site and the addresses of the web sites from which our visitors came. E-mail addresses and other personally identifiable information are not available from web server logs.
IP Addresses on forums
When a user posts on our forums, that user's IP (Internet Protocol) address number is collected by our software. Administrators and moderators are given the option of viewing the posting user's IP address in each post. We do not routinely review this information but we will observe and track user IPs when investigating possible abuse or illegal acts.
Information Collected for Registration on Forums
We collect certain information from all users (including children) who voluntarily choose to register as members of our forums:
To register as a member the following information is mandatory:
- User ID. This may be a user-chosen nickname or a person's real first name, last name, or any combination thereof.
- A user-chosen password to log in to the forums. This password cannot be accessed by any other user, and can be accessed by the Administrators of the site only by downloading and examining files stored on the server. Under normal circumstances the site Administrators do not know a user's password. We encourage users to choose a password other than that used for other personal Internet or non-Internet applications or use.
- A valid electronic mail address. A user may enter any valid e-mail address they choose when they register as a member. When a user registers they may choose whether or not to allow others to have access to their e-mail address. A user may choose to reveal their e-mail address if they wish to receive e-mail messages from other users. Or, a person may choose to protect their privacy by not allowing others to have access to their e-mail address.
- The user's real name: his or her legal name, or a name by which the user is already known to us. This information is collected only to help prevent abuse, and is not revealed to any users other than administrators and moderators.
When a person registers as a member, the following information is optional:
- The location where a member lives. (City, State, Province, or Country)
- The member's occupation.
- Any personal interests that the member may wish to share with others.
- Any biographical information that the member may wish to share with others.
- The URL of the member's web site.
- ICQ Number, Yahoo Messenger Handle and/or AOL Instant Messenger Handle. (These numbers or handles are used to identify a user so that others may contact them. Such contacts are totally independent of our web sites and forums.)
- Personal Signature. (A small message that will appear at the bottom of messages that the member posts on this site.)
- Custom User Text. This is the title that appears beneath the user's name on posts.
All of the above information is collected on our registration page at http://www.accesshiphop.com/forums/register.php. The manner of collecting this information is that the user must enter the information by electronically filling in the boxes on the on-line registration form. We do not require a child (or any member) to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in any activities on this web site. We do not use personal information collected on our forums' registration page for any reasons other than to identify messages posted on the forums and to communicate with our members. We do not use personal information in marketing ventures.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) Statement
As part of our compliance with the United States Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), it is necessary for us to obtain parental permission for all children under the age of 13 to register as members of our forums. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 by any other means or for any other purpose. Although our forums are primarily targeted at adults, we welcome the participation of children in our discussion forums with the consent of their parents or legal guardians. Of course, as with any web site, children can access all parts of the site which are accessible to the general public.
Any personal information that a child posts on this site is the responsibility of the parent. We ask that parents advise their children regarding issues of privacy and their personal family practices on-line. We advise our members to use careful discretion regarding personal information, and not to give out any personal information that is not necessary in the use of our web site. We are not responsible if a child voluntarily reveals their name, address, or other personal information to other users in our message board forums.
A parent may view all posts made by their child on our forums if they know the child's User ID. The parent or child may edit any of the posts made by the child if they know the child's User ID and password. If the parent finds a message or content in a message by their child that should not be present, they may edit the message to remove, change, or add information. You may only edit messages posted by you or your child and you must know the password.
If you believe that someone has interacted inappropriately with your child on this web site, e-mail email@example.com at once. Please provide specific details of the problem and copy the URL (the page's web address) from the top of your web browser and paste it into your message so we may find the exact page quickly.
As parental consent is required for a child under 13 years of age to register as a member on this site, we encourage parents to participate in the registration process and to make note of the child's User ID and password. If a parent does not know the child's password, but does know their e-mail address, simply click on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link on any page that requires you to fill in your password and enter the child's e-mail address. The password will be electronically mailed to that address.
If you, as a parent or legal guardian, want to have your child's membership on our forums terminated, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the child's User ID and password for confirmation. We would appreciate any details as to your objection of your child's participation if you feel that our forums are an unhealthy environment for any reason.
Mark Onstad, owner
Access Hip Hop / accesshiphop.com
1804 Garnet Avenue #486
San Diego, CA 92109